✆ +49 (0)911 43122268

German language course with Visa

Are you interested in doing a German course in Germany and do you need a visa to do so?

Here you will get all the necessary information.

Do you need a visa to enter Germany?

People from EU, EWR countries and Switzerland do not need a visa and also no residence permit.
People from Australia, Brasil, Israel, Japan, Canada, the Republic of Korea, New Zealand and the United States of America do not need a visa before entering Germany. People who want to stay longer than 3 months have to go to the responsible Ausländerbehörde (Foreigners Office) to apply for a residence visa to study.
People from all other countries need a visa to enter Germany. They have to apply for the visa at a German embasy or consulate in their country of origin. It might take up to three months time to process your application.

Here you will find an overview about the visa requirements

What type of visa do you want to apply for?

Visa for a language course (general language course)

A visa for a language course entitles you only to attend a language course. A prerequisite for this is our confirmation that you will do a German course with at least 20 school hours (à 45 minutes) per week. This visa is at first valid for 3 months and can be extended by the responsible Ausländerbehörde (Foreigners Office) for another 9 months.

Visa to study

If you don`t have a permit from a German university you can apply for this visa. In general it is valid for 3 months and can be extended for a maximum of 6 months. A prerequisite for this will be a confirmation from the university you would like to study in. Within the time of your visa you have to prove that you have been accepted by the university or that you are doing a study preparation course. This visa can then be changed into a study residence visa.

Visa for the purpose of studying/of preparing to study

If you would like to do a language course before you start your studies or you have a permit to study from the university you can apply for this type of visa. It is important to mention when applying at the embassy that your visa is for preparing to study. Six weeks before your visa will terminate you will have to apply at the responsible Ausländerbehörde (Foreigners Office) for a study residence visa. With this visa you will get a maximum period of 2 years to finish your study preparation (e.g. a language course or a preparation course within the university). Prerequisite for this visa is our confirmation of your appliation to do an intensive German course. The intensive course will finish with a TestDaF- test, language level C 1. A confirmation from the university and a proof of your university entrance qualification will also be necessary.

Are you interested? Do not hesitate to contact us. We are looking forward to hearing from you.

Would you like to apply directly for a language course?

Download our application form

Açılış saatleri:
Pazartesi Salı Çarşamba: 10:00 - 16:30
Perşembe Cuma: 10:00 - 15:00

Sprechstunden sozialpädagogische Betreuung:
Mittwoch 13:00 - 17:00 Uhr
Freitag 13:00 - 17:00 Uhr
und nach Vereinbarung

Nürnberg Dil Okulu
Aufseßplatz 19 (4 kat)
90459 Nürnberg

Tel. 0911 43122268
0176 40018470


Diese Website verwendet Session-Cookies, um die Funktionalität der Website zu gewährleisten. Diese sind für die Nutzung der Website notwendig. Weitere Cookies werden nicht eingesetzt. Sie akzeptieren unsere Cookies, wenn sie fortfahren, diese Website zu nutzen. Ausführliche Informationen finden Sie in unserer Datenschutzerklärung.
Hinweis schließen